lundi 12 septembre 2011

40 Questions Beauty Tag

- SKINCARE

-- How many times do you wash your face daily ? At least once. I wash my face before I go to bed with my face cleanser. In the morning, I usually only use a baby wipe to clean my face and then a toner. 

-- What skin type do you have ? (dry,oily,combo) I have normal sensitive skin. My skin is very sensitive to what I eat and where I live. When I'm in Paris, my skin tends not to like the pollution that much. It breaks out more and my t-zones are more on the oily side, than when I'm out of Paris. 

-- What is your current facial wash ? My current facial wash is by The Body Shop, it's their Seaweed deep cleansing facial wash. I like it, it doesn't do anything amazing to my skin but it still does the job as far as cleaning it. And I like the smell of it :). 

-- Do you exfoliate ? Yes, I exfoliate at least once a week. It's very important to exfoliate your skin at least once a week even if you have sensitive skin. 

-- What brand do you use ? I currently use Ocean salt by LUSH. So far I like it besides the fact that the salt can sometimes be way too big and not so gentle on my skin. Mixing the product before using it helps with the salt problem. 

-- What moisturizer do you use ? I currently use Vanishing cream by LUSH. So far I like it, it reminds me a lot of Hope in a jar by Philosophy. It smells the exact same thing. 

-- Do you have freckles ? No I don't.

-- Do you use eye cream ? I use one that will remain nameless, for the main reason that I don't think it works for me at all. I never found an eye cream that works. I'm still searching for one that will do something.

-- Do you or did you have acne prone skin ? Yes, 10 years ago when I was 13. My acne was not the worst but it definitely was not just one spot once per month either. My skin cleared up around 16/17. And I had complete clear skin when I was 18/19. Then I came to Paris and my skin started breaking out again, because of pollution and everything nasty in Paris. I don't have acne anymore, my break outs are due to the pollution and when I'm out of Paris my skin clears up completely in 2 days. Gotta love Paris for that ! 

-- Did you ever have to use Pro-activ ? No and in France, at least back in my days, Pro-activ was not a must product at all. I don't remember any of my friends using it either. 

- MAKE-UP

-- What foundation do you use ? I use NARS Sheer glow foundation. The BEST foundation ever ! I've been using it for over a year now and it still is my favorite. Great for any all skin types, besides very oily skin and very dry skin. I just wish the color range was better. I can't use it in winter because the lightest shade in France is Mont blanc which is too dark for me in winter. And I find that most of the colors are very yellow based. I just can't go over how good that foundation makes my skin look ! 

-- How about concealer ? I use M.A.C cosmetics Studio finish concealer. I always go back to this one. Huge amount of product, it will last you a very long time. It's a full coverage concealer but it doesn't dry up your skin. The color range is very good, unless you are very light or very dark. 

-- Do you know your undertone color ? Yes, I have neutral slightly yellow undertone. That means I can wear gold or silver without any problem. I guess I'm lucky for that :). 

-- What do you think of fake eyelashes ? I only wear fake lashes when I'm doing a specific video for YouTube. I don't need fake lashes on a daily basis as I have very long lashes naturally. But if you need some definitely use some and they are a must for very dramatic make-up looks. 
-- Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months ? Yes and my mascaras never last 3 months anyway.

-- What brand of mascara do you use ? I'm currently using the M.A.C cosmetics Haute & naughty lash mascara. I like it so far.

-- Sephora or MAC ? A Sephora that has a M.A.C counter in it. :) And I love going to Le Printemps in Paris.

-- Do you have a MAC Pro-card ? Every time I'm going to M.A.C, I think about getting one (as I can easily get one as a MUA) but never do. 


-- What makeup tools do you use in make up application ? Brushes, my fingers, back of my hand, Graftobian mixing palette, q-tips ; anything that can be useful. 

-- Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes ? Yes I do, I currently use the UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion).

-- For the face ? Yes, I do. I currently use the Paris Berlin TOP Lissage smoothing and matifying primer. I like it. I never use a moisturizer before it. Primers already have moisturizing properties in them, if you have a combination to oily skin you don't need to use a moisturizer and a face primer. It's useless and is only going to make you oilier. Only use a toner before your face primer. Trust me it makes a huge difference ! 

-- What is your favorite eyeshadow ? That is a very hard question ! I don't have one. I currently love Sumptuous Olive and Vex by M.A.C. Fawn e/s by Bobbi Brown is one of my all time favorite.Veteran and Apple Martini e/s by GDE. 

-- Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner ? I always use liquid liner just because it gives me more intensity and definition. I use the Urban Decay liquid liner in Perversion. It's my favorite one, I always go back to it. 

-- How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil ? Never. 

-- What do you think of pigment eyeshadows ? I like them. However some I find don't stay well on the eyes and lose intensity with blendings. And you need to be careful with fall outs when it comes to dark shades. I love M.A.C Vanilla, Melon and Violet pigments. And I love most of GDE loose e/s. 

-- Do you use mineral makeup ? The only mineral make-up products that I use are by GDE. (Glamour Doll Eyes)

-- What is your favorite lipstick ? My favorite lipstick is Russian Red by M.A.C. Timeless lipstick. 

-- How about lipgloss ? Currently it's MUFE Lab shine n°S2. Perfect nude lipgloss. 

-- What is your favorite blush to use ? NARS Douceur blush. A must have for light skin tones. 

-- Do you buy your makeup on ebay ? Never. 

-- Do you like drugstore makeup ? I do for certain things. Mascara is a good example. I love Sleek make-up products too. But I would never buy a drugstore foundation. 

-- Do you go to CCO's ? I wish I could, but we have nothing similar in France.

-- Did you ever consider taking make-up classes ? I did. I went to an international make-up school in Paris. 9 months training. 

-- Are you clumsy in putting on makeup ? Not anymore.

-- Name a makeup crime that you hate ? So many to name... when it comes to every day make-up. Bad contouring, contouring with a bronzer. People need to understand how bad looking it is. A contour is a shadow, it is not shimmery nor warm brown based. Overdrawn eyebrows. Chola eyebrows. Bad blendings ending with a raccoon eye. Dark lipliner with nothing on the lips. Patchy blush. Overuse of bronzer. Foundation that doesn't match the skin. And the list goes on...  

-- Do you like colorful shades of makeup or neutral ones ? Neutral ones. I like versatile neutral colors. Sumptuous Olive is a good example, it's an olive color but it has amazing gold reflects into it. Vex also is a good example. I used to love very colorful shades of make-up when I started. 

-- Which celebrity always has great make up ? Kylie Minogue, Adele, Gwen Stefani. 

-- If you could leave the house using just one make up item,what would you use ? M.A.C Studio fix powder. 


-- Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on ? Yes, I don't wear make-up if I have to go grocery shopping. 


-- Do you think you look good even without any makeup on ? I look like every body, decent. 


-- In your opinion, what is the best makeup line ? In my opinion, there is no best make-up line. There are amazing products from different brands. 


-- What do you think of Makeup ? A way to make every woman and man feel pretty, confident and I way to express yourself in an artistic way for some. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire